Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Life As a Script

So I have this idea that I want to try writing in a different way for a bit.  I used to take acting classes as a teen and we were given all these short scenes to work on.  Some were from plays and other scenes were written for the class.  As a culture most of us watch scenes on TV all the time and I realized my life could be like this, right?  I mean how many shows with families have you watched throughout the years?  So here goes.  Feedback on if you like this style is also encouraged.  I am playing with the idea of writing several entries like this.

 Getting into the Library:

Me: Everyone find a buddy and walk across the parking lot.  Remember to look for cars.  (I am carrying baby and a giant bag filled with about 25 pounds worth of books). 

Ellie: Bria doesn't want to hold my hand.

Me: Take Charis' then.

Dominic:  Nobody will hold my hand.

Me:  I will.

Ellie:  Charis won't hold my hand.

Joel:  Charis will hold my hand.

Me: We are going to miss story time if you don't figure this out.

Finally we get to the library and open the door.  I stand at the return book station for several minutes while my kids watch for books they want to renew.

Me: Lets walk into story time (Half my kids walk toward the children's library as I direct them to go into the other shortcut door straight into the room we want to be in.  We get there and take our seats.)

 Lunch Time:

We pull into the driveway and see that Daddy came home for lunch

Me: Let's get out of the car quickly so we can see Daddy.

Dominic: Joel's not letting me out of the car.

Me: Joel, why are you giving Dominic such a hard time?

Dominic: Stupid!

Me: Just get into the house, please.  I still need to make the lunch.

I frantically get Isaiah, Bria, and Charis out of the car as the other ones get out on their own.  It is time to make sandwiches.

Snack Time Yesterday:

Dominic is trying to share my chair

Dominic: Mommy I am going to tickle you and then tickle myself.

Me:  You cannot tickle yourself because you know when you are going to try and tickle.

Dominic: Then I will just tickle you...hehe.

Ellianna:  May I please have more.

Me:  I just made you homemade crackers to go with almond butter and you already ate half an apple.  There is no more.

Joel:  But mom I am always so hungry.  Sometimes in the night I am hungry too. 

Me:  You eat more food in one day than Daddy does.

Joel: But I have a bigger stomach than him.

Me:  Don't you think Daddy has the bigger stomach.

Joel: I use more energy.

So here goes.  I am just warming up.  This could get better because kids are very entertaining and I have six of them :)  Hope you liked this brief experiment.  Any ideas of what you want to know about how things go during a basic day in my life?  Let me know and I may write it out for you.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment