Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Kitchen: Enjoy Cookies

When I was around eighteen years old my mom got me this wonderful book called, "101 Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies" by Gwen Steege.  Baking has never been the same since.  I have always loved to buy a bag of chocolate chips and make the recipe from the bag, but this book opens up a tons of new ideas.  Now I am moving past just baking cookies.

I know my last kitchen blog also had a cookie recipe in it, but this one is for no bake cookies...all you need is a freezer and some way to melt chocolate chips (microwave, in a pan on the stove).
Ingredients:
mix 1/4 cup of butter
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon of sugar
1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
Then roll into little truffle size balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet.  Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Next melt about 1/3 cup of chocolate chips and then roll the frozen ball in it melted chocolate and put back on the parchment paper.  Place back in the freezer for a few more minutes.  These taste great and they are fun change for chocolate chip cookie lovers like me.

Enjoy a coffee and this sweet treat!


No comments:

Post a Comment