Friday, March 2, 2012

Parenting: DANCE







A glimpse into the week and we are having includes nonstop screaming as Dominic gets some of his last teeth and Charis, who just started to get teeth, is suddenly getting a bunch of teeth.  I am glad we do not remember how painful teething is because based on the amount of frustration I am dealing with it must be torture.  But enough complaining...

What are we doing to have fun?  Dancing!  I love dancing.  It is one for the few things that keeps me feeling like I child.  I love all the joy and laughter it brings.  My kids are always smiling.  The girls go and dress up.  Dominic and Joel pick a partner...Bria is too little to know she is not dancing with a brother yet. 

It is too easy to feel like robot mom.  I have my schedule just so and very little extra time.  Maybe I want to to work on other things, but dropping it all to dance around is worth it.  I know that someday all the kids will be grown someday and I will be thinking about how I wished I had found more fun moments in the day.  There is a fine line between keeping house and playing house.  Keeping up a good looking family is tiring.  When it all comes down to it, we are all flawed, I know I am.  I miss some of the best moments because I decided to wash dishes instead.

Today I am reminded that we need a crazy day here and there.  So to celebrate the fun we had dancing, followed by homemade cinnamon rolls and strawberry smoothies.  What else should we do?  When we have no sunshine, we need to make our house a fun place to be. 

I am thankful that kids are reminder to try and have fun.  Without them, I could see myself as a way too serious individual.  Extreme focus deserves some distractions.   Parenting is difficult and sometime not much fun.  I really think it is that hardest job around in some ways.  So balance it out by DANCING once and awhile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment