Sunday, February 2, 2014

Half way through Pretty Fierce

I am so excited to have made it this far through my workout program.  Week five has been my favorite week because I finally get to rest a little bit after four weeks of working out almost everyday.  My body really needed a little more sleep and I still feel great.  I even lost one pound. 

I did notice it is hard to stop working out once one gets use to an every day workout.  My baby got spoiled to because I would feed him and jump out of bed, let him play, and I worked out.  Now he is trying to figure out why I am struggling to get up.

Week five is still four days of working out, but two of those days are only eight minute abdominal workouts.  It is all to prepare my body for the next three weeks of more challenging workouts.  I am looking forward to that too.

As for some attitude changes, I am learning a lot about how kids are so different.  When one has six, juggling those personalities can be challenging.  They have a lot in common, but a lot of differences as well.  Since my family started homeschooling our family dynamic has completely changed.  I love some of the changes like watching older kids help out younger ones.  Other things are not so great like that fact someone always seems to be crying, or my house sounds like a circus whenever I am on the phone.

I will be honest, I never planned to homeschool my children.  I went to public school and thought it was fine, but then I met Tim.  One of his first priorities was homeschooling, so slowly I have read more about it and I understand his reasons.  Understanding those reasons and taking on the responsibilities of homeschool are two different things.  I have put off having all kids home because of lots of pregnancies close together, but now seems like a good time to try and start.  My two older kids have some basic reading and math skills, but still don't love working without me helping a lot.  I am learning to balance that need with the fact that there are four other kids that want my attention nonstop.

Homeschooling is a juggling act.  I want to plan a lot that includes everyone, but it doesn't always work.  Baking works the best, but we cannot do that everyday.  Most of the kids like coloring.  I read other homeschool mom's blogs and they try and do similar things.  I hope as we get used to our new schedule things will get better.

For now I need to learn to smile more.  I love my kids, but it is loud a lot more and sometimes I want to lock myself in my room for hours.  I have less energy to be a great wife, but I will be working on that.  It is tempting to only complain about the kids.  They are my whole day at this point and even with some fun moments, there are more challenging ones at this point.  Keeping a good attitude is half the fight, but not always as easy as it seems.

I am not writing these things to be negative, but to be honest.  I am human and I am not yet supermom, though I aspire to get better at that.

For now some pic of my workout progress.
still not perfect, but better

I look less pregnant

My sweet Isaiah


Before Pretty Fierce

No comments:

Post a Comment