Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pretty Fierce: Weightloss (Lindsey Brin) DONE!

Today is my last day of Pretty Fierce: Weightloss!  I am so excited even though I wish I could have maybe lost a few pounds more.  I guess that will happen when I start Pretty Fierce: Lean Out tomorrow.   The end results are:  I lost five or six pounds.  I say this because the scale moved around a bit and my lowest weight was 114 pounds three weeks into the program, but I ended at 116 pounds.  I started at 120.5 pounds.  Keep in mind the last three weeks focus more on muscle tone than cardio and the first few weeks are all cardio and some toning.  I feel safe to say I will probably see that 114 again if I bump up the cardio.  I think I lost an inch in my measurements, but I lost the document with my actual measurements.  I remember some of them and I can now fit into a pair of jeans I bought in a size too small because the company would no longer be selling the jeans and I knew I would fit into them someday.  I bought them after Charis was born and never used them.  Now two more babies later they fit!  Crazy.  I still wish my belly looked better than some of my friend's newly pregnant photos, but I was pregnant a lot in the last 8 years and this is the longest break my body has had in 5 years! 

I will post a photo soon.  I had my husband take one this morning, but now I cannot upload it until we update some software.

As for my overall sanity... I think working out takes away the element of wanting to feel better about oneself, but never doing much about it.  There is power in knowing that maybe I am not where I want to be, but I will be someday and there is some progress.  Between Ellie and Dominic I had two years of no pregnancies.  I did breastfeed that whole time, but the scale stuck at 118 pounds ( I was 101 pounds when I got pregnant with baby number one) and never moved.  I ran six miles at a time several times a week.  I did situps...all the stuff that worked in high school.  None of it helped.  I never restricted my diet, so that sure did not help.  I felt like maybe I would never enjoy getting dressed again.  Now I know that it doesn't have to be that way.  It isn't even that bad not eating every cookie I just baked, or just eating because I feel sad and lonely.  I like the energy from the workouts too.  I have not had caffeine on purpose for a couple of years now and I feel much better too.  The workout is all I need to feel ready for the day.  Even though I get moody, I was more moody with my daily cup of coffee.  Red tea is just fine.    I love the occasional latte too. :)  Decaf these days and it must be fair trade, swiss water processed.

I imagine I will always struggle a little with diet more than working out because I love food.  I love making food and I love eating food.  I have started to make up healthier ways to eat things, but let's face it, real ice cream is better that everything else...coconut is a close second.  I hate agave, so if it is coconut I must make it myself.  I think there are too many diet fads out there and I never want to have to say I will eat with your family if you follow all of these rules.  There are some things that I have to avoid like peanuts and that is frustrating enough.  

So there we have it...Still not perfect.  I still have 15 pounds to shed before I read my weight before no babies, however I am still breastfeeding so if I get rid of 5 to 7 pounds I will be thrilled at this point.  I need to keep some until I finish nursing.:0)  I am happy to be a few steps closer to my goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment